Tips & Tricks
Our tablescape packages are carefully planned and designed to make hosting a breeze. Each contains everything you need to create a truly stunning table within minutes. However, we know that on occasion, our customers like to add their own special touch to make their tablescape unique. We also know that you will want to use your tablescape for years to come, tweaking it slightly to ensure it perfectly suits the season, celebration or mood you’re in.
Here are tips and tricks that you can use to keep your tablescape goodies working time and time again.
- A bowl of fresh fruit can add a pop of seasonal colour to your tablescape – think lemons and limes for added brightness (these work all year round), cherries or berries in late summer, apples in autumn and pomegranates for a festive feel. You can even enjoy these decorations in cocktails throughout the evening!
- A display of delicately scented herbs can also work as a centrepiece or napkin posy. Rosemary and thyme tucked into napkins can garnish G&Ts as the meal progresses.
- A seasonal fruit placed on each guest napkin can work as a quick and easy napkin holder (perfect for when the wind picks up at al fresco meals!).
- Take a sprig of your fresh, faux or dried flower display and tuck into each napkin – this will pull the colour from the centre of the table out to each guest place.
- Don’t forget that you can add to your tablescape with items from around your home. Trinket boxes, decorative dishes and jugs, beautiful bowls and seashells all look fabulous on a table.
- Place cards can be created using pretty shells, stones or leaves from around the home and garden. Simply handwrite your guests’ name on whatever you are using and add the place cards to your tablescape.
- Pretty ribbons added to vases or around napkins can add a new colour and individual look to your tablescape.
- Finally, we love to use our tablescape items around the home – they aren’t just for dinner parties! Re-use the items in your tablescape box for a super-stylish and sustainable approach to home décor;
- Bud vases and mini bottles look great along fireplaces or drawers. They also work well clustered in trios around the home…what about using them to make the most of a gorgeous corner of your bathroom?
- Table runners look gorgeous draped across a chest of drawers or cabinet – a lovely way to protect your furniture and add colour to a room.
- Tealights and candles can (and should!) be used whenever you feel you want to set the mood, relax and simply enjoy a twinkling atmosphere in your home.